POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Victoria Import : Re: Victoria Import Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Victoria Import
From: alphaQuad
Date: 26 Sep 2007 23:45:00
Message: <web.46fb23decc37018fd091d5c70@news.povray.org>
> About the hair: looks like the transparancy map is missing... (maybe the
> bump map too?)
>
> Thomas

there is UpDoTr.jpg - negative of the hair on black.
cant find an example of transparency or filter by map-file
or I just didn't read that part of the help file yet?

I see filter and transmit within image_map{} by numbers.
"filter   5, 1.0 // Make color 5 100% filtered transparent"

is the "5" a color index?

as I look at pigment I dont see where transparent map fits in:
PIGMENT:
    pigment {
        [PIGMENT_IDENTIFIER]
        [PIGMENT_TYPE]
        [PIGMENT_MODIFIER...]
    }
PIGMENT_TYPE:
    PATTERN_TYPE | COLOR |
    image_map {
        BITMAP_TYPE "bitmap.ext" [IMAGE_MAP_MODS...]
    }
PIGMENT_MODIFIER:
    PATTERN_MODIFIER | COLOR_LIST | PIGMENT_LIST |
    color_map { COLOR_MAP_BODY } | colour_map { COLOR_MAP_BODY } |
    pigment_map { PIGMENT_MAP_BODY } | quick_color COLOR |
    quick_colour COLOR

but I am a victim of dental work right now so, ya an example would help